Merging with Bicycle Network
Here’s a summary of the reasons for the Committee’s recommendation:
- Advocacy funding would be more than doubled;
- Membership promotion would be increased with an aim to more than triple our membership;
- An office would be opened in Hobart to provide a base;
- BN would work to institute a new BN “signature” ride in Tasmania;
- This additional support would free up the state Committee’s capacity to organise local advocacy, rides and services statewide;
- No reduction in current member benefits and services.
Bicycle Tasmania wants riding for transport to be a practical option for all Tasmanians.....
......we believe that the proposed merger would bring that future much closer.
Your household would have received by now an email (or letter if we don't have an email address for you) containing much more detail on the reasons for the BT Committee's recommendation.
The motion you will be voting on at the AGM is:
“That Bicycle Tasmania merge with Bicycle Network under the Scheme of Arrangement both formally advised to Members and published on the Bicycle Tasmania website (www.biketas.org.au) by 4th September 2014.”
The Bicycle Tasmania Executive Committee recommends that members vote YES to the merger motion.
If you are unable to attend our 18 September AGM and wish to vote online or by post please follow this link.