We would like you to join us in advocating cycling for everyone. Every person counts!
How do I get involved?
- Become a Bicycle Network member. Your membership helps build our advocacy efforts and adds weight when we lobby government for improvements to riding conditions.
- Join our volunteer register for nationally organised events (such as Peaks Challenge Cradle Mountain, Ride the Night, annual Super Tuesday bike count).
- Join our volunteer register for locally organised events and campaigns (such as valet parking, organising rides, representing riders).
- Use the Snap Send Solve app to report infrastructure issues to your local Council or to State Government.
- Join our State Committee to learn about and help drive our local events and campaigns.
- Come along to rides and events.
- Subscribe to In The Loop to hear about current events and campaigns.
- Come along on one of our Social Rides and meet other members.
- Contribute to conversations on this website! Sign in to the website and comment on posts.
- Follow Bicycle Network Tasmania on Facebook and Twitter, and share our stories with your friends.
- Follow our News via an online newsreader (such as Feedly, Feedspot...). Just enter this address into the reader's search area: www.biketas.org.au/news.
Opportunities to contribute
Bicycle Network Tasmania always has a number of important volunteer roles available. Ask via FB or ask a Committee member how you can help!
Email and Phone Contacts for general advocacy
Huonville Council: call 6264 0300 or email [email protected]
Sorell Council: call 6269 0000 or email [email protected]
Derwent Valley Council: call 6261 8500 or email [email protected]
City of Launceston: call 6323 3000 or email [email protected]
City of Devonport: call 6424 0511 or email [email protected]
Burnie City Council: call 6430 5700 or email [email protected]
Central Coast Council: call 6429 8900 or email [email protected]
West TamarCouncil: call 6383 6350 or email [email protected]
Dorset Council: call 6352 6500 or email [email protected]
Break 'O Day Council: call 6376 7900 or email [email protected]
Twitter Contacts for general advocacy
City of Clarence: @ClarenceCouncil
City of Kingborough: @KingboroughTas
City of Launceston:
Tasmania Police: @TasmaniaPolice
The Mercury: @themercurycomau
The Advocate: @theadvocatetas
The Examiner: @ExaminerOnline