Vacancy - Membership Development Officer
Members and Friends Co-ordinator – Tasmania
Join a team that is inspirational, determined and successful
- Drive our membership to the next level by engaging the Tasmanian bike riding market
- Use your energy and passion to create opportunities and open doors
Bicycle Network is the largest member based riding organisation in the Southern Hemisphere with nearly 50,000 members. It is a health promotion charity that increases physical activity by getting More People Cycling More Often.
Bicycle Network runs iconic events such as Bupa Around the Bay and the RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride, conducts behaviour change programs such as Ride2School and Ride2Work, as well as campaigns to improve bike riding facilities throughout Australia, and promote the rights of riders.
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, results driven individual to use their influential communication skills to engage Tasmanian bike riders of all levels to drive and grow Bicycle Network’s membership in Tasmania.
With great growth potential and a re-energised focus on influencing the development of bike riding facilities in Tasmania, this part-time role will be in the thick of things, connecting riders with Bicycle Network membership benefits and increasing Bicycle Network member numbers. You’ll be working at the ‘grass roots’ to encourage Tasmanian bike riders to join us.
You’ll be one of three Bicycle Network team members based in Tasmania – 1 in the north and 2 in the south. You’ll be based in Hobart, will report to the Members and Friends Manager in Melbourne and will be part of the awesome Riders Team.
Who we’re looking for:
- An exceptional communicator, with a strong ability to influence and inspire
- A professional who can build strong relationships quickly, and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- A team player who’s adaptable, optimistic and committed to see results
- Someone who’s not afraid to give things a try and happy to build things from the ground up
If you’re excited about the opportunity to be a part of an organisation achieving amazing things and progressing to new strengths, send through your application by Wednesday, 10 September 2014 to [email protected]
What should your application include? Your resume of course – but please don’t send a cover letter, what we really want to know in 100 words or less, is: ‘how you’d propose to connect with potential members to grow our membership base’.